WHAT IS ORAL CANCER SCREENING?
THE TWO MINUTE EXAM THAT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFEEarly detection of abnormalities that develop in the tissues of your lips, mouth and throat is essential in preventing possibly severe health issues from developing, such as oral cancer and other oral diseases.
To further our goal of protecting your health, Fulton Dental is now utilizing the innovative Identafi system to best assess your overall oral health. This system is quick, non-invasive and extremely helpful in detecting oral abnormalities.We here at Fulton Dental continually look for medical advances and treatments to ensure that we are delivering the best possible care.
HOW DOES IDENTAFI WORK?
- Identafi:registered: uses white, violet, and green-amber wavelengths of light to excite oral tissue in distinct and unique ways that provides the clinician with more visual information resulting in increased confidence for recommending appropriate treatment.
- This procedure is used during regular oral exams and only takes around one to two minutes.
- The process is completely non-invasive and doesn’t use any rinses or dyes.
A Bridge is an option known as filling the space created by a missing tooth. It is made up off false teeth which are known as crowns. It eliminates the space between your teeth by placing fake teeth over your original/ missing tooth. It is formed to look like your original tooth as it was before. A bridge replaces missing teeth both functionally and cosmetically. Bridge work is as much as an art as it is an exact science.
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
- Oral Cancer frequently has no symptoms; however, when symptoms do occur, the most common include
- A sore, lump or ulcer on the lip or in the mouth that does not heal
- A lump on the lip or in the mouth A lump in the neck
- A white or red patch on the gums, tongue or lining of the mouth
- Unusual bleeding, pain or numbness in the mouth
- Oral pain that does not go away or a feeling that something is caught in the throat.
- Difficulty or pain with chewing or swallowing
- Difficulty with jaw opening
- Swelling of the jaw that causes dentures to fit poorly or become uncomfortable
- Tooth loosening
- Bad breath
- Sensory loss of the face
- Abnormal taste in the mouth
- Swallowing difficulty
- Tongue problems