A beautiful smile is within your reach. If you’re have issues with missing teeth such as gaps or spaces, then Fulton Dental is the place to be! Fulton Dental has the tools, and various techniques to get your million dollars smile back. There are numerous ways to substitute missing teeth, but the fastest and painless approach would be known as a dental bridge.
There are numerous ways to substitute missing teeth, but the fastest and painless approach would be known as a dental bridge.
WHAT IS A DENTAL BRIDGE?
A Bridge is an option known as filling the space created by a missing tooth. It is made up off false teeth which are known as crowns. It eliminates the space between your teeth by placing fake teeth over your original/ missing tooth. It is formed to look like your original tooth as it was before. A bridge replaces missing teeth both functionally and cosmetically. Bridge work is as much as an art as it is an exact science.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF BRIDGES?
There are multiple types of bridges that are used, but the most common that we at Fulton Dental suggest would be depended on which missing tooth would be present, its location, and the the choice of material depending on requirements for strength, wear, and/or esthetics to our patients specific liking. We offer the following:
- Traditional Dental bridges which are the most popular. This bridge consists of one or more pontic’s (fake teeth) and are held in place by dental crowns. These crowns are known as abutments, and they are cemented onto the teeth adjacent to your missing tooth. This will give you a more natural aesthetic look.
- Maryland Bond are known as an alternative to traditional bridges. The pontics are made from porcelain metal or ceramic framework. It is bonded onto the back of the two teeth adjacent to the missing tooth. This type of bridge isn’t held in place by crowns and it would need to be filled.
At the end of the day, we here at Fulton Dental want nothing but the best option for our patients. We are experienced with great staff and affordable prices. We offer the best aesthetic cosmetic option for each patient.
This process takes time and requires surgery, but the choice between a dental bridge vs. implant depends on many things — the reason you need it, your medical history and affordability. Your dentist in Brooklyn discusses the options with you before recommending the best option.
Questions you should ask your include:
- How much are bridges? Dental bridges are affordable, but it also depends on the location of the bridge & the type of material that is used. But they are very affordable here at Fulton Dental.
- Does Insurance Cover bridges? Depending on your insurance plan/coverage, sometimes insurance covers bridges 100%, but it also depends on the plan itself and its covered benefits.
- How long is the procedure? The procedure takes 2 visits total in a time frame of about 2 weeks to come to a completion here at Fulton Dental. First visit the teeth are prepped, a molding impression would be taken and then it would be sent to the lab. We offer a temporary bridge until completion of the permanent bridge.
- Is the bridge Permanent? In life not everything is permanent, but with the proper care and oral hygiene, a dental bridge can last for over 20 years or more.
A Dental bridge is a cosmetic aesthetic procedure to get the million dollar smile in a fast and efficient way. It is quick and affordable, and it looks amazing, just like your original teeth! From the color, to the shape, to everything all together here at Fulton Dental. We restore your smile and your confidence to walk away and be happier than ever. Have the ability to eat, chew and speak properly. We are not the only ones, but we are the best in Brooklyn.